Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Work and Play

Wow. Lots to blog about. Exhausted today- life is so full and busy. I love being busy. Sometimes I commit to too many things. I find it hard to give up an opportunity to spend time with friends and family. So have been presented with lots of these opportunities lately- thus have been doing lots of things!!!

Last week I started Tanning. I know we aren't going on the cruise for six weeks but I am so excited. I figure I always burn first anyways so it may take me 6 weeks to perfect. I don't know if I've ever felt like tanning has gone perfectly for me and my red hair. There's a new tanning place in town so I got a month's pass and went 4 days in a row last week. Then I noted that I just was mildly red and itchy in some parts (where I forgot to put tanning oil) and have taken 4 days off. Will restart tomorrow. But overall... I think the best tanning experience so far... a mostly brown. Just so exciting to feel like spring is here and winter is passing! just would like to have a nice base tan so I don't burn on the trip!

My mom came this weekend!!! we packed it with plans and fun things to do. My mom is always up for adventure!
Sabbath we went to church (got to hold a baby for a while during the service) and then had a church plant potluck.
Our group went and toured the church we are planning on renting (just gotta sign the contract) and everyone was excited about starting services there May 2!!! We spent some time in prayer at the church.
Then my mom and I took a photo shoot in my backyard:



The next day we got up early and went to the crescent cafe for breakfast. Then we were off to Portland for a day at the Spa! We got massages, facials, and foot soaks. And hung out in the sauna between sessions. It was wonderful!!! Then we headed over to the Rose Quarter for the rock and worship road show. It was a 10 dollar concert with Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, and Hawk Nelson. Unfortunately after only arriving 30 minutes early in the concert we were turned away along with about 500 other people since the place had reached capacity. So we went to see SlumDog Millionaire instead. Totally recommend SlumDog.

Then I hit the week running! Monday and Tuesday were awful days at work for me. I just had hard patients that I didn't know what to do with. I was behind and I kept having to grab my supervisor and get his help. It was awful. Even the ones I didn't ask him about were patients with lots of psychosocial issues and issues that I didn't have easy answers. Diagnosed a GI bleed on Coumadin yesterday. Stopped the coumadin. Had someone with gout. Had someone with MRSA infection that was worsening. Multiple patients with Back Pain. Prepatellar Bursitis. I think that was just yesterday. Umm... can I get some URI's?? Even a UTI. Ahh... Internal Medicine at it's finest.
I chucked it all and left my charting last night. I just had to get out of there. Walked across the parking lot to the movie theater. Yes... I work 100 feet from a movie theater.... Met Brian there and friends and had a slurpee for dinner. The slurpee was delicious and the movie was was more hilarious than I thought it would be. We saw I Love you Man. Totally recommend that one too.

So... then today, on my day off, of course I had to go back to work and finish the charting. Finished that quickly. I like being at work when I'm not behind and don't have patients waiting for me. :) Less pressure.

Then went shopping with the girls today! Went to Target and the Mall with Kylie, Hannah, and Katie. I am in love with my niece and it was fun to have some girlie company. Hannah was playing peek-a-boo with me. It was so precious. She was lifting up her blanket and hiding from me and then coming out with a big grin. ooh... she is getting bigger.

Tomorrow.... back to the grindstone.... and then off early to see a Blazer Sun's game. oh... I can't complain. I am blessed. God is good.

No comments: