Thursday, January 15, 2009

Work, Work, Work and More Work

So the life of a PA-C I'm discovering is a lot of work. I've been getting busier which is great. I'm realizing I don't want to be too much busier! I've been consistently seeing 11-13 patients per day.
And not a lot of your regular run of the mill colds. I saw a follow up today- urinary tract infection symptoms. I'm like nice... I'll do that fast and catch up.... Nope... urinary frequency- that isn't a UTI, yeast infection, or even bacterial vaginosis. Interstitial cystitis??? What is that? Well I learned about it today. AHH!! But I think we arrived at the right diagnosis.

The cool thing about today was that I got suture things! I hadn't sutured since I started working. I removed a skin lesion this AM and then just when I thought I was done for the day- In walks a forehead laceration. Fun fun. I was just glad that I remembered how to suture after 8 months or so of not suturing. Good old simple interrupted.

Another new thing about this week is that I've decided to go to bed an hour earlier. 10 PM instead of 11 PM. I've been happier in the mornings... I'm usually pretty grumpy. I'm really doing it for Brian because he is such a morning person- my grumpiness and not being able to share it with him puts a damper on his day. So I think the extra sleep this week is the main thing that is getting me through the day!

Yesterday was my day off... I went shopping with Kathy, Kylie and Hannah. Lunch at the Cheesecake factory. I highly recommend the Luau Salad.

2 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow, interstitial Cystitis,Who knew? I don't think I'd be able to come up with that. Did you talk to your supervising MD? How did you figure it out?

Sunnishine said...

yeah... I Did NOT come up with that. One for the FP female docs helped me. I referred her to urology for further workup and told her that's our working diagnosis. She was agreeable and actually said her mom was diagnosed with it. So I think it actually was probably right on.