Saturday, September 27, 2008

Musings in the wee hours of the morning


I am up at 1:26 AM. I have been laying in bed for an hour and half trying to fall asleep. Not working. This is jet lag at it's finest.
We flew all night Thursday night. I actually was able to sleep at few hours. Promptly got home around 9 AM and I slept until 1 PM or so. Got up and had a lazy day with Brian and then tried to go to bed around Midnight. So I've been laying in bed listening to Adventures in Odyssey until the CD finally gave out. The case of the secret room- good story. Highly recommend it.

I want to be awake for church tomorrow. Just need to go worship and fellowship with people. I've been reading the "Yada Yada Prayer Group" by Neta Jackson. Such good books about a Women's prayer group that goes through lots of stuff together. Makes me more excited about starting the Women's Bible study in a few days. The books are always talking about prayer and praising God through prayer rather than just making lots of requests. So I'm laying in bed just praising God about how blessed we are and just so many awesome things are going right this year. But it's easy to sink into requests.

Hawaii- awesome. I will post pictures soon. Just my camera is in the bedroom where Brian is sleeping. We spent the rest of the vacation on Waikiki beach and it was beautiful. Crowds of people and lots of restaurants and shopping. Way fun. I burned my knees the day before we left at the beach. I'm just glad I did it the day before we left and not the day we got there! I got a shirt that says "Little Miss Sunshine For President." One of my favorite parts about the trip was our tour of the U.S.S. Missouri. We had a personal two hour tour and learned all sorts of things about the battleship. On the ship in 1945 Japan surrendered to the US in WWII. It is also the largest battleship in US history.

Now going to have a Garage Sale next Friday. Should be fun. I've been laying in bed planning on how to get tables to display our wares. Have it all planned in my head but haven't lifted a finger yet to start. So frustrating how the mind works so much faster than the body.

James 5:16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

No comments: